Sunday, 4 September 2016

Transformed ~ The Toni Daley Blow Dry Unit Can Be Curled!



"One evening whilst perusing the Instagram accounts in my feed I stumbled across a post on Toni's page where her niece Keisha had curled her Toni Daley Blow Dry unit using perm rods."

My mind set to work quick time - I have rods and I have the Blow Dry Unit which I reviewed here so yep, I'ma need to do this!"



Here is a reminder of what the Blow Dry Unit looked like before this little experiment...




In her tutorial Keisha created beautiful tight neat coils which resulted in a lovely curly fro.  

I'm a huge fan of messy unstructured hair, so I wanted a more blown out soft set to my unit.  So after thoroughly combing through the unit I lightly two strand twisted the hair before loosely adding eight perm rods (5 large at the front and 3 small in the back).  I performed the curling process whilst wearing the unit so I could see where the curls would lay and the direction they would fall in.  

Once I was ready to set the hair I removed the unit and dipped the perm rods into hot water from the kettle which I had placed into a heatproof bowl. I dipped each rod for 5-10 seconds.   I then laid the unit on a towel to dry a little whilst I finished getting dressed.  




As is usually the case, I started this process whilst I was supposed to be getting ready for an afternoon out so I didn't have a lot of time to take photos.  

I popped the unit back onto my head, the rodded sections where cool but still a bit wet.  I carefully unraveled the eight sections.  The dipped sections at the ends of the unit was still a little wet so I grabbed a towel and blotted dry before shaking my head and carefully separating the curled ends. 




I have also discovered that although the Blow Dry Unit is a half-wig, it can be worn as a full wig.  I have a seriously small amount of hair left out at the front and sides, it is basically just baby hairs whatever doesn't fit into my twists I moisturise and tease it forward with the palm of my hands and then use that to bridge the gap between my hair and the unit.




I absolutely love the end result!  It's glamorous and looks like it could be my own hair.




A great thing I discovered about this unit is that it incredibly versatile as a week after curling the unit I fancied wearing it straight again.  So I grabbed my hair dryer with the comb attachment and blow dried it straight again.  




I have been flitting between straight and curly with this unit and will be doing so for the foreseeable - I'm well and truly hooked!

Next I think I will re-vamp my Big Chop unit as I plan to wear that again this winter.

Ciao 4 Now

Share:

6 comments

  1. This unit looks so natural, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whether straight or curled up, I think this length of unit looks very pretty on you. Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are having the problem of hair loss and feeling ashamed of it, then you do not need to worry about it. We provide the best Hair Transplant in India a very low cost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. احدث تقنيات تكنولوجيا الصيانة المستخدمة فقط من خلال مركز صيانة كريازى للاجهزة الكهربائية احصل على افضل خدمات الصيانة المنزلية من خلال تواصلك مع فريق خدمة عملاء صيانة كريازى تواصل معنا الان لتحصل على اقوى العروض وافضل الخدمات

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are You looking for FUE hair transplant in Dubai, Abu dhabi or UAE. The hair transplant Center is one of the best hair restoration clinic, we provide hair.
    Fue Hair Transplant In Dubai

    ReplyDelete

I simply ♥ to read your comments....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Into My HAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig