Friday 3 January 2014

Wash Day Diary: @ 24 Weeks Post - 01.01.14



"What better way to start off the New Year than with a wash day!"



I wish I could wholeheartedly agree with that statement however, what with running out of my therapeutic Dermax shampoo, Superdrug having to order it in then not phoning me to tell me when to collect and also generally not having time to do my hair, I wish I had been able to get around to doing it sooner than the last day of my annual leave before returning to work!



These are the steps I followed:


Detangling & HOT (Hot Oil Treatment)

I finger detangled as I always do, using sunflower as my oil of choice this week. I used about 2 x tablespoons of sunflower oil and this made my hair feel very soft and manageable. Before applying the oil to my sectioned hair, I heated it in the microwave for about 10 seconds.


Deep Conditioning – Protein 
After detangling and applying sunflower oil to my scalp and strands, I applied a generous amount of ORS Hair Mayonnaise to my hair.  I heated the conditioner in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds until it was nice and warm. I believe that heating the deep conditioner kick starts it into action (especially when you’re not using your conditioner under a heated cap or steamer), it also makes it easier to apply and distribute the thick conditioner throughout my strands which also means I use a little less product. I covered my hair with my gold foil cap and a plastic cap to ensure that my edges were covered. I wrapped a warm towel around my head and left this on for just over an hour before rinsing out.


Rinsing & Shampooing 
I thoroughly I rinsed each of the 10 sections in turn paying particular attention to my scalp). After rinsing for about 5 minutes, I followed up by applying diluted Dermax Shampoo to my scalp and the base of each twist, I then massaged this in lightly being careful to use a stroking motion rather than a circular motion as I didn’t want to encourage any undesirable tangling! I left the shampoo on my hair for a few minutes before rinsing it out

Next I applied Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Treatment. I know some bloggers rave about this product but for me it doesn’t really do anything great for my hair (at least not when I am washing my hair in these sections and at this many weeks post!). I have tried using Super Skinny Treatment both before and after a moisturising deep conditioner and all it seems to do is make my hair feel a bit hard and stringy. I will revisit this product if and when I relax my hair again as I have a massive bottle to use up!

I rinsed out the Super Skinny Treatment and followed this up with some diluted KeraCare Humecto Conditioner before rinsing out and covering my hair with a towel.


Finishing Up
After 20 minutes, I removed the towel from my head and continued to air dry in sections until about an hour had passed. Then, working section by section and starting at the front; I applied Mane ‘n’ Tail Detangler, Infusium 23 Leave In Conditioner, Bee Mine Deja’s Hair Milk, EVCO, KeraCare Oil Moisturiser and Organix Coconut Milk Anti Breakage Serum, finger detangled, detangled with my Hercules Sagemann Jumbo Rake comb and then braided each section.

I am experimenting with braiding the sections this week instead of twisting them to see if I can make a flatter base for my new PS0101-s lace unit from OWigs. I have also left a little hair out at the front and sides to see how I get on with wearing the unit pushed back a little but I am guessing this experiment will be short-lived cos I just wanna hide my hair at the moment.


Shedding
It has been about three weeks since my last wash day (please don’t judge me!). I am rather indifferent with regards to the amount of hair lost. To me it seems comparable to last wash days which took place at around the two or three week mark.  I don’t think my shedding has increased or decreased since then.   Detangling still remains the part of wash days that I detest the most.

01.01.14

Below are pictures showing my shedding from recent wash days. I've added them to this post so I can see them all lined up in one place!


09.12.13

22.11.13

10.11.13

29.10.13

11.10.13

Looks like there has been a small reduction in shedding since 22nd November with no notable increase since.  The wash day on 22.11.13 was the first wash day I decided to use my prescription Dermax shampoo for washing my hair.  I also began using sunflower oil during detangling and as a pre-poo.  I have been following this process using pretty much the same products ever since so I guess it's working for me at the moment. I look forward to getting back to this level of shedding sometime in the future.

I suppose I better purchase some more ORS Hair Mayonnaise because I used the last of this up this week.....


These are pretty much the products I have been using for the past few wash days.

Ciao 4 Now 

Share:

2 comments

  1. As long as your shedding isn't increasing throw some confetti chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  2. @KLP
    That's exactly what I'm thinking. Now I just want it to reduce by half and then I'll be happy. :)

    Thanks for commenting!

    T

    ReplyDelete

I simply ♥ to read your comments....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Into My HAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig