Thursday 5 September 2013

Wash Day Diary @ 6 Weeks Post: 03.09.13 [cowash]




"So, I'm back to blogging with a quick post on my latest wash day diary.  Unfortunately I didn't take any photos during my wash day (I looked shocking!) but I thought I'd do a quick post about it anyway seeing as it went well."





I've been away again for quite sometime, around 3 months I think.  I've been very unwell with glandular fever which knocked me for six.  I'll be posting proper updates on what I've been doing with my hair and my plans going forward.




1. Lightly finger detangled my hair prior to sectioning my hair into four and applying deep conditioner.

2. Deep Conditioned on dry hair using Hairveda Stirinillah Moisturising Deep Conditioner first for 15 mins with steamer and then for 15 mins under plastic cap and towel.

3. Applied metal 2 pronged roller setting clips to ends of the four twists to prevent them unravelling then rinsed each section in the shower without undoing the twists of overly agitating my hair whilst washing.

4. Applied Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor which I rinsed out after 2 mins.  I think using the 2 Minute Reconstructor before the cleansing conditioner reduced tangles.

5. Applied Hair One Cleansing Conditioner to my roots and massaged into the four sections, one at a time. Left on for 5 mins before adding a little water to make a lather, massaged scalp some more then rinsed out completely.

6. Applied Green Tea rinse using the pitcher method.  I had allowed the green tea to steep for 24hrs (I kept it in the fridge). I massaged this into my roots then lightly rinsed after about 3 minutes so some tea was purposely left in my hair, mainly on my roots and not along the length of my hair.

7. Wrapped wet hair in a towel for 10mins (my hair felt lovely and soft when I removed the towel).   Leaving the Hair One product on my hair for 5mins as it instructs to do on the bottle, makes a MASSIVE difference with how this product makes my hair and scalp feel.

I purposely didn’t use Porosity Control or PM Super Skinny Treatment!

8. Next I applied some Garlic Oil to my scalp to tackle shedding. I purchased some regular garlic oil capsules thinking they would be the same as the odourless capsules I had before – BIG MISTAKE!!! They stink sooooo bad!!!! I was really worried I would have to rewash my hair in the morning. I only used two small capsules but the smell was shocking! Next time I use these I will apply the oil to my scalp and cover with a plastic cap for 15-30 mins BEFORE I wash my hair so most of the aroma dissipates during the washing process.


9. I applied some Infusium 23 to each section followed by a light spritz of Aphogee Green Tea.  On reflection I don’t think I rate this product so I won’t be repurchasing it as I can’t see that it really does anything for my hair.  I then applied Mane ‘n’ Tail Detangler and left these on for a few minutes before I applied my leave in conditioner and sealants; Deja’s Hair Milk, Macadamia Nut oil and Organix Coconut Milk Serum.

10. I applied the leave ins to each section before finger detangling which I followed up with my HS Jumbo Rake comb.

I lost pretty much the same amount of hair that I always do on wash days – ho hum! It is a lot of hair especially when compared to some but I suppose for me it is just normal – the encouraging thing is it’s not increasing!!



On the plus side, the past two detangling session have been considerably less traumatic (as far as my detangling sessions go!). My hair had less insane tangles, probably because of flat-ironing last week and securing my ends during the wash process so they couldn’t tangle. I switched from securing the ends of my hair some time ago, I’m switching back!!!

I've been bunning both before and after my wash day.



I am now 6 weeks post relaxer and totally ready to go into a protective style! Alas, no crochet braids for me, I have neither the patience or energy for an install - I have also been reassessing my use of long term protective styles......so it looks likek I’ll have to improvise with something new....!

Ciao 4 Now
 

Share:

7 comments

  1. Cute bun! I'm glad you're back to blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So happy to have you back!

    It took me months to realize what was "normal" shedding for me. I may have looked loca for collecting strands from the floor and shower drain but at least now I have piece of mind!

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does seem like a lot of shedding, but it's good to know you know your norm. At least it's shedding and not breakage.

    blutifulblaqhair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jenijen

    Thanks Jeni! I'm glad to be back and I some plans for a new direction for the blog. (",)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @KLP

    Haaha!! That's so me hunting on the bathroom floor, in the hair catcher and on my comb. I'm even considering keeping my shed hair in little bags like KimmyTube did so I can assess the hair loss really closely. Fighting with the feeling that that may be a step too far for me :)

    Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Blutiful Blaq

    It definitely does seem like a lot! In fact, it is a lot and I'm hoping to reduce it.

    I hope you get your post-partum shedding under control, it sounds like you have purchased the right products to assist you.

    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a very informative blog I really appreciate this great information. B2B Importers Directory

    ReplyDelete

I simply ♥ to read your comments....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Into My HAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig