Wednesday 7 November 2012

My HAIR on My Mind



Wow…..I haven’t blogged about my hair in ages!!!!  Since I have had these twists in I’ve barely given my hair a second thought (I don't even know how many weeks post I am!) and chose to concentrate on my nails.....



Over the past week I have been obsessing setting about a plan to take these kinky twists down this week.




  • Since having the kinky twists installed 7 weeks ago, I have washed my hair twice. I think this averages on a wash day every 2-2½ weeks. If I wasn’t taking them out on Friday I would be due a wash day this weekend so I am glad I will be able to have a thorough wash, deep condition and steam treatment. I did contemplate washing the twists every week but to be honest, I couldn’t be bothered, it didn’t seem necessary and drying them takes forever-and-a-day in the colder months so I just wasn’t feeling it! 

  • My hair scalp has held up well and is pretty clean, build-up on the braids is not bad at all, apart from the nape area. I have been a tad slack on moisturising and sealing (which may be why the build-up hasn’t been a problem). I have paid most of my attention to my new growth rather than the lengths and ends of my hair and have only used watered down Taliah Waajid Hair Mist Bodifier and oil - nothing else. I will try and counteract my slackness by moisturising and sealing the length and ends every day from now until I take out these twists on Friday. Hopefully that will reduce the amount of breakage.

  • I took out a braid yesterday and it seemed fine though with just the regular protective style take down shedding I usually have to put up with. I will start the take down process this evening strategically taking out a few lines here and there, moisturising my hair and then re-twisting my own hair so I can wear the twists to work for the next two days until I take them all out. 

  • I will leave my hair un-braided for a week and will bun for the whole week before putting in a set of crochet braids next weekend. All being well I will be trying out a new crochet braid style but more on that to come…excited to see how it will come out

  • I will put the crochet braids in on the weekend 17th November and then take them out 2-3 weeks later and then relax my hair a week or two afterwards. This means that my next relaxer will be around the 14/15th December (just in time for Christmas) if I have worked that out correctly!

  •  My nape area feels really fine/thin at scalp level. I am interested to see if it has got even finer/thinner (which I doubt) or if it is that the hair on the rest of my head has just gotten thicker (which I believe/hope is the case) and is filling in after my iron deficiency and telogen effluvium episodes (major shedding post operations) in 2011 & 2012. I guess I’ll know for sure when I take it out in a couple of days. 


I’m sure I’ll be back to blogging more regularly when I get my own hair to play with!

Ciao 4 Now
Share:

3 comments

  1. Interesting, as I styled my weave this mornign my leave out seemed to have a lot of buildup and even some flakes which I next to never have! I think its because I was moisturizing with HE LTR trying to use that up. Your plans look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ebony CPrincess

    Hiya


    I have really seen a big decrease in build up with this set of twists and iI think thisis due to solely using Taliah Waajid Bodifier diluted with plenty of water. to moisturise.

    I washed my hair less often this time around but still oiled my scalp with either castor or olive oil. I also didn't take down any braids to neaten the style around my edges, so all the buildup I had is shown in the takedown post. I think it's a great product.

    I hope you get your laptop fixed soon!

    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ebony CPrincess

    Hiya


    I have really seen a big decrease in build up with this set of twists and iI think thisis due to solely using Taliah Waajid Bodifier diluted with plenty of water. to moisturise.

    I washed my hair less often this time around but still oiled my scalp with either castor or olive oil. I also didn't take down any braids to neaten the style around my edges, so all the buildup I had is shown in the takedown post. I think it's a great product.

    I hope you get your laptop fixed soon!

    T

    ReplyDelete

I simply ♥ to read your comments....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Into My HAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig