Tuesday 21 August 2012

Wash Day Diaries @ 2 Weeks Post: 17.08.12 & 20.08.12


"I’m currently on my second cowash of the week. I am enjoying the no fuss regimen which comes with bunning, although I am mindful that I need a trim really really soon as my hair always feels so much better after a good trim."





These are the really brief steps that I followed:


Still rocking the same old high bun.  After wearing my hair like this for 2-3 days I will switch to a low bun or a middle bun.  I'm not gonna lie, I am loving this simplicity of what I am doing with my hair at the moment and it helps that my hair is playing along nicely for a change!


17.08.12 - Chelating Shampoo Wash

  • Lightly finger detangled my hair with seperated into two halves.
  • Applied Vatika Conditioner for Dull, Dry & Damaged Hair [purple lid] (used this up).
  • I applied Vatika Nourishing Conditioner [pink lid] to the left hand side of my nape area to see if there was any difference in the two conditioners.  I didn’t notice any difference at the end of the wash day but I the nourishing conditioner readily soaks into the hair .
  • Pinned up my ends and then sat under my steamer for 20mins. 
  • I let my hair cool for a few minutes before rinsing out the conditioner with warm water I then shampood my hair in two halves using ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo, concentrating on the scalp.
  • Next I applied Giovanni Smooth As Silk Conditioner (used this up) and then a little Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Conditoner to the ends and hairline [love this stuff!].
  • I then rinsed with cool water to seal the cuticles. 
  • Applied liquid leave in Elasta QP H2, Aphogee Provitamin Leave In Conditioner and Aphogee Green Tea Restructurizer.
  • Applied Bee Mine Deja’s Hair Milk Put my hair into 4 twists and then covered with a satin scarf before jumping into bed. 
This is the amount of hair I lost during the wash day on 17.08.12


I noticed some build up around my hairline at the front of my hair the day after washing so after bunning continually from Saturday through to Monday I decided to cowash my hair:


20.08.12 - Cowash

  • Lightly finger detangled.  I then kept my all going backwards as I couldn't be bothered to wash it in two halves and wanted to try something new.
  • Did a HOT using grapeseed oil, I applied the oil to my scalp using an applicator bottle and then to the entire length of my strands. 
  • Applied ORS Hair Mayonaise to the ends of my hair and then covered my hair with Elasta DPR 11+ for about 7mins before jumping in the shower.  [I really liked how the DPR11+ felt when applied to soaking wet hair at 2 weeks post.]
  • I rinsed out the oil and deep conditioner then cowashed firstly with Lustrasilk Shea Butter and Mango Cholesterol Conditioner.  I left this on for 3 mins. 
  • Next I cowashed with Treseme Moisture Rich Conditoner.
  • I then applied CHI Keratin Mist directly to the ends of my hair and applied Giovanni Direct Leave In to soaking wet hair [it felt really good applied to wet hair]. 
  • I then applied Giovanni Frizz Be Gone Serum, and then some shea butter and oil mix that I made about a year and a half ago!! 
  • I then sealed my edges with coconut oil, lightly detangled the ends with my HS jumbo rake comb and then put my hair in a low bun, twisting the ends and pinning up before putting on my satin scarf. 
My hair detangled easily both straight after the cowash and again todayh.  I lost minmal hair due to shedding/breakage but I didn't take any pictures of the hair lost but it was about half the amount lost during my shampoo wash on 17th August.

Ciao 4 Now

Share:

5 comments

  1. Your hair is coming along so fab! Can we get a flat ironed length check? Please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @amija

    Thanks, my hair seems to be doing well at the moment with the bunning and finger detangling.

    I would love to do a length and thickness test on straight hair but not sure when that will happen as its long overdue....I even trimmed my hair yesterday despite it not being straightened first (post on how I did that to come soon).

    Thanks for commenting (",)

    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks amazing hun! I'm also currently falling in love with the giovanni direct leave-in on wet hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jenna

    Awww, thank you soooo much!!!

    I was so surprised at how nice the leave in felt applied to soaking wet hair. It's definitely something I will be doing again (",)

    Thanks for commenting
    T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include. where to buy take down remover detangler cream

    ReplyDelete

I simply ♥ to read your comments....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Into My HAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig