Thursday 28 June 2012

My HAIR & Why...?: A New Series Of Posts



Some of you who check in on my blog may have noticed that the button above is now proudly established in the sidebar.  The reason for this is because I have decided to start a new series of posts outlining exactly why I use certain products and why I do certain things to My HAIR. 

Since the start of Simply Into My HAIR almost 18 months ago the blog has primarily been focused on what I do to my hair on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.  As a result my wash days and protective styling antics have featured heavily on the blog, and have served as a great reference point (mainly for me).  I haven't really ventured into the territory of using my blog as a 'learning zone' as I figured that most things anyone would want to know as a newbie or a hair veteran could be found on other blogs, forums and of course YouTube!!!  I didn't want to just repeat what others had documented extremely well, just for the sake of making an new post on Simply Into My HAIR.  This is one of the reasons why I often put links in my posts to other great bloggers with fantastic posts that I have enjoyed reading.

Over time I have come to realise that some people are actually interested in what I do to my hair...!!!  Some of these people may only follow a few blogs or none at all, are based in the UK so are interesed in products easily sourced here, are friends or family members who have zero interest in following hair blogs but are interested in what I do.  They want to know why I mix oils into my conditioners, why I use protein (carefully), deep condition during every wash day, protective style often and just why I have so many products (mostly conditioners) which on the face of it do the same thing - "A conditioner is a conditioner, how many does one girl need!?"  The answer for My HAIR is quite a few as they serve different purposes and are used at different times during my relaxer stretches (**,)

My aim is to make this series of posts specific in relation to my own hair care regimen. This way, when people say “Wow, why do you do all-a-dat to your hair?” I can point them in the direction of the blog which will explain the different types of products I apply to... 

My HAIR & Why...

Ciao 4 Now
Share:

2 comments

  1. Great idea. "Why?" one of the biggest questions people have and I think compiling answers into one area/post is such a great idea! I love reading your wash day entries, they're always so detailed, looking forward to the "why" posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jenijen

    Thanks Jeni

    I am looking forward to getting my first post up....

    Thanks for commenting!

    T (",)

    ReplyDelete

I simply ♥ to read your comments....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Into My HAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig