Wednesday 23 May 2012

Wash Day Diary @ 7 Weeks Post: Kinky Twist Wash Day

"I noticed  build up on two twists on either side of my temples and a little right at the front of my hairline.  As the sun is shining today and it has been 2 weeks since I installed the kinky twists I thought it was as good a time as any for a Kinky Twist Wash Day,"





I really love my wash days when I am wearing kinky twists as they are so simple and straight forward.

Today these were the steps I followed:


This is all I put on my hair although I forgot to photograph my leave in/post wash moisturiser Taliah Waajid Bodifier Mist mix which I sprayed on my hair after washing and conditioning.

1.  Thoroughly saturated my scalp and hair whilst in the shower using my shower filter head

2.  Applied shampoo which was Toni & Guy Jamelia Model.Me Enriching Shampoo which I found at home.  I purchased 3 bottles from Poundland long before the start of my HHJ and I still have more than 2 and a half bottles left.  I mixed 1 ounce of shampoo with 3 ounces of very warm water in my applicator bottle and shook this up to mix before applying the entire contents to my scalp along the partings between my twists.  I then popped on the gusset of a pair of tights (nope, I'm not posting pics of how I looked with that on my head!) before gently massaging the shampoo into my scalp.

3. I then removed the stocking cap and thoroughly rinsed my scalp and entire length of the twists before pouring a black tea rinse onto my scalp.

4.  I left the black tea in my hair and then made my conditioner mix consisting of 1 ounce in total of Lustrasilk Cholesterol and Organix Coconut Milk Conditioner and topped this up with 7 ounces of warm water.  I then applied this lightly to my scalp but concentrated the application to the length of my hair.  I left the mix on for about 5mins before rinsing out and popped a towel on my hair to soak up the excess water.

5.  Lastly I spritzed my hair with my Taliah Waajid Mist Bodifier before popping my hair into a high bun (**,)

This was taken just before posting this blog.  I've been out in the sun all-day-long!  It's been great (",)

Comparison photo from the date of installation 11.05.12 to the first wash day 23.05.12


Ciao 4 Now

Share:

3 comments

  1. Great post, I have self done kinky twists two weeks old. Iwas looking for some inspiration before wash/conditioning. I use a lot of Kimmaytube leave in and was thinking of clarifying this week, to clean the slate so to speak. Would you clarify/ chelate with twists in. Thinking of using Joico Chelating Shampoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous

    Thanks for commenting! (",)

    Personally I don't have a problem with doing a chelating wash whilst in braids. I've washed my hair in cornrows whilst on holiday and used Organic Root Stimulater Creamy Aloe Shampoo. This particular shampoo, clarifies and chelates but has a super added bonus of being extremely moisturising. I wouldn't use a shampoo which strips the hair whilst in braids with synthetic hair as the synthetic hair leeches moisture out of your hair. This coupled with using a clarifying sulfate shampoo I guess would only increase the drying effect. I would say stick to moisturising shampoos or cowashing. One tip though, make sure you rinse the hair very well to prevent build up.

    Does the Kimmaytube leave in give you a lot of build up in your kinky twists and are you using the Kinky Curly Knot Today as the leave in-conditioner base? If your mix is thick it might be worth doctoring it to thin it out a bit with extra aloe vera juice and distilled water.

    I have been using Taliah Waajid Mist Bodifier (similar consistency to the KCKT). I totally dilute it down to a 1 part (Taliah Waajid) to 10 parts (water) then add a half part of grapeseed oil so this mix is basically water with a little added extra. I do this to minimise build up but to make sure my hair is well moisturised and it seems to be working.

    I hope this helps and good luck with your kinky twist wash day.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im no expert, but I believe you just made an excellent point. You certainly fully understand what youre speaking about, and I can truly get behind that. where to buy take down remover detangler cream

    ReplyDelete

I simply ♥ to read your comments....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Into My HAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig