Wednesday 18 April 2012

My HAIR on My Mind


1.  SHEDDING
I am currently 13 days post and pleased to say that I am not having any problems with my hair this week. My shedding seems to be under control, although I did notice a slight increase the day after my recent super quick wash day but I put that down to me skipping the black&green tea rinse. To counteract this I have been making sure that I take my garlic supplements daily.

2.  SUPPLEMENTS
Speaking of supplements, other than the garlic, I have been a little rubbish with taking these! As with all things, it started very very well and then tapered off to slackness! I still take them though but on average I take half the amount I was taking before. As all the tablets are individual (other than the Hair Skin and Nails supplement) it means that I rather a lot of tablets to take on a daily basis and sometimes the thought of taking all those tablets puts me off, I can almost feel my throat closing up in protest!!! Over this past weekend I only took one days quota of my supplements. I also have a prescription waiting for me to collect from the docs for my iron but there just don’t seem to be enough hours in the day to go and pick the prescription up! I will do it by the end of this week so I don’t run out of iron completely.

3.  EXCERCISE
I am no longer on the exercise regimen. I have increased my hour long walks with the dog but the jogging died a death. I aim to pick this up again when the weather improves as I am definitely what is referred to as a
Fair Weather Jogger”!

4.  WATER
My water intake has been a little erratic.  Most days I drink at least half or two thirds of a 1.5L bottle of flavoured water but sometimes I drink less – much less. I need to keep on top of this and make sure that I drink more.

5.  DIET
It’s been about a week since I last ate a raw carrot!  Nuff said.... (",)

6.  PROTECTIVE STYLING
I think I am going to put my crochet braids back in this weekend. I am going on a mini break soon so don’t want to be messing with my hair at all whilst I am away. I think it will be a good time to try the afro kinky/Marley braid hair. I plan to keep the style in for 2-3 weeks. I am a bit hesitant because I will only be two weeks post when it comes to installing them and I don’t want to encourage any breakage. I think I have had more than my fair share of setbacks on this journey.  Hopefully my hair will be okay as it is texlaxed and already starting to revert a little, especially at the back and nape so I think I should be okay with the install at this stage. I don’t braid tightly and the extension hair is super light so I think it should be okay.

7.  PRODUCT REVISITED
I have just revisited pre HHJ staple of mine, ORS Carrot Oil cream. I used to use this back in the day when my hair was bone straight it was a little heavy then but I decided to reacquaint my now texlaxed hair with it. My hair seems to love it! I used some about a month ago and it felt good, really moisturised. The only downside so far is that I can’t stand the smell of it. Last night I moisturised with Bee Mine Deja’s Hair Milk, then followed that with ORS Carrot Oil (which I mixed with a few drops of Cedarwood EO and YlangYlang EO which worked well at disguising the smell) and then sealed with JCBO. My hair felt well moisturised and soft afterwards and still felt that way this morning. I had zero shedding this morning when I did my bun.

8.  BUNNING
I am really loving bunning at the moment. I’ve not rocked this as a ‘style’ since my teens! The simplicity of it is just great! It takes me no time to do in the morning and the only manipulation my hair has on a daily basis is from moisturising and sealing which I do twice.

9.  PRODUCT STASH
I have managed to use up one of the items in the Product Stash ~ Dove Daily Conditioner. I liked this conditioner but I don’t see any reason to repurchase. I prefer the feel of my hair after using Treseme Moisture Rich or HEHH conditioner.  I gave away the John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shampoo and matching conditioner to my BF.

10.  PRODUCT BAN
I am back on my product ban as my shedding seems to have settled down.

Ciao 4 Now

Share:

2 comments

  1. I'm on a product ban because my pjism is out of control!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @MrsDjRass

    I know, I really have to apply myself to it this time! Although that said, if I encounter any shedding or breakage issues during the ban I will be lifting it if required.

    I love your hair blog by the way! How did I miss that you had one?!!!?!!???!! I read loads of posts last night as I was laughing along with your style of writing. I'll be catching up on some more posts today (",)

    Your hair is so thick and your curlformer sets look great! It's gonna look amazing when you've finished transitioning. How do you get your hair so shiny?

    Thanks for commenting!

    T

    ReplyDelete

I simply ♥ to read your comments....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Into My HAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig