Tuesday 24 April 2012

Crochet Braids #3: It Was Nice Whilst It Lasted....!


"I loved these crochet braids so much!"













Yep, that's right I loved them.....as in past tense...I decided to take them out last night.   :(

They were just proving to be w-a-a-a-a-a-yyyyy too much work to tame on a daily basis.  I figured that keeping them looking good whilst I am on my mini break was going to involve spending an hour on them every day, it was just gonna be too much for me. 

In addition to this, the extension hair that was touching my scalp was irritating the frig outta me and causing my head to itch.  I also quickly realised that the constant smell of fabric softener around my face was not working for me. 

These three things prompted my decision to let them go!  This probably seems a tad drastic after spending 4hrs putting them in but for me it was a no brainer and no major biggie as I install them myself.

To get them out I worked with one cornrow at a time, unbraided to get the extension hair out and then rebraided the already parted and detangled section.  It took about 2hrs to get them out and rebraid my hair as I went along.  My hair felt uber soft!

I will be installing the crochet braids again tonight using the waterwave hair once again because I know that hair is 'Shake & Go' easy to manage. 

I am wigging it today with my braid pattern installed underneath.  I think I will be finished by 8pm if I start at 6pm.

Ciao 4 Now
Share:

6 comments

  1. I loved it, too! =) By the way, it’s impressive that you managed that unbraid and re-braid part for two long hours. What other stuff did you do while working with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awarding your blog the "One Lovely Blog" award :)

    http://www.justgrowalready.com/2012/04/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Stela Dimitrov

    Thanks!!! I was sad to see them go but had to go they must! (",)

    To be honest I didn't really do much with them as they were not in long emnough - only long enough to know that they weren't going to work for me long term. I managed to manhandle them into a bun for work but that was about it really. During the weekend I just wore them out and proud!!

    Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jenijen

    Thanks Jeni!

    I'll get on this right away. It's been over a week since you awarded me this (",)

    ReplyDelete

I simply ♥ to read your comments....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Into My HAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig