Thursday 19 April 2012

Bee Mine Deja’s Hair Milk


It Claims:
From Bee Mine’s Website
This hair milk has many benefits for the health and condition of your hair. It's lightweight but very moisturizing. The oils and butters will nourish and naturally moisturize every strand of your tresses without leaving your hair greasy. The grapefruit essential oil strengthens and keeps your hair healthy while the peppermint essential oil helps to stimulate growth. Good for all hair types, braids and weaves too. We aim to help your hair be the healthiest it can be.

Use Deja's Hair Milk to: defrizz, moisturize on damp hair, as a second day refresher, detangler or leave in.



Ingredients:
Distilled water, Coconut milk, Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut Oil), Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Seed Oil), Butyrosperumum Parkir (Shea Butter), Emulsifying wax, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa Butter), Vitis vinifera (Grapeseed Oil), Ricinus communis (Organic Castor Oil), Grapefruit & Peppermint Essential Oils, Vitamin E, Panthenol (Vitamin B Complex), Optiphen (Paraben free and Formaldehyde free preservative), Fragrance.
99% Natural & Organic

Price:
£4 - £22
BritishCurlies.co.uk

Results On My HAIR
I got the coconut cream scent which is absolutely divine!!! It’s not a sickly coconut scent, it’s a light sweet fragrance which lingers for a short time and then passes after an hour or two. I really love it!!! I would probably buy this product for the scent alone as it smells soooo good! Fortunately the yummy scent isn’t all this product has to offer…

On My HAIR I use this most often as a daily moisturiser and it’s just perfect. Whenever I need moisture, softness with a little oil I use this. Although that said, this product is not oily or heavy at all, I think the addition of the oils and butters is what makes this great and works so well at making my hair very soft. When I rub this product between my palms, it is creamy white and almost pearlescent in appearance and has a medium texture almost like conditioner it remains white when it is on my hands but once I put it on my hair it melts in straight away without the need for vigorous rubbing or smoothing it just sinks it. My hair drinks this stuff up. Once I have finished applying it there is no visible residue left on my hands and it doesn’t leave a sticky feeling whatsoever – just the wonderful scent.

I have rarely used this as a leave in on wet hair, although I do use it regularly on damp hair which is 80% dry on wash days when it comes to moisturising and sealing, before detangling.

For me this product sits somewhere in between SCurl (which is not oily and contains glycerine so is a no no for me during the winter months) and Taliah Waajid Mist Bodifier (which is extremely moisturising and can be pretty wet when applied straight up out of the bottle with a heavy hand, which I tend to have when my hair feels d-r-r-r-r-y!), so if my hair is feeling dry but I don’t want it feel weighed down or in anyway wet or greasy - I will always reach for this, especially when my hair has been roller set.

A product that works in a similar way for me and that I use as an alternative is the Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave In Conditioner but it’s slightly lighter and works well on flat ironed hair, however I find it less moisturising when used in small amounts (it can make my hair damp if I'm heavy handed).  So to be honest, the Deja’s Hair Milk works best for me and it never makes my hair feel damp.  Ever!

I have found it also works well when mixed with water and makes a brilliant moisturising spritz to soften new growth or moisturise my hair when in long term protective styles. When mixed with water it is heavier/creamier than the Taliah Waajid so I tend not to use it as often in this way. I have also used this as the main ingredient in the KimmayTube leave in recipe (before I purchased the Kinky Curly Knot Today which is also available from British Curlies). Hands down, I prefer the mix using the Deja’s Hair Milk.

Another plus is that my nape area loves this product and softens on contact!

Would I Buy It Again:
Initially I purchased the 2oz size of the Deja’s Hair Milk in Coconut Cream fragrance from BritishCurlies.co.uk to see if I liked it before spending the big bucks on the 16oz bottle. I loved this product so much that I purchased the larger size in the same fragrance.

The small 2oz bottle has come in really handy as I tend to keep it topped up and it’s often found in my handbag for emergency moisturising and travels nicely I am away for a weekend.

It’s not cheap but I think it’s worth every penny and a little goes a long long way. I still have just over a quarter of the bottle left which I brought over a year ago!

I will definitely purchase this again and again and again!

Rating
♥♥♥♥♥

Ciao 4 Now
Share:

2 comments

  1. I discovered this product on your blog 2 weeks ago and immediately bought it. I'm texlaxed and have been searching for a protein free daily moisturizer.. O..M.. G.. I LOVE it. I've been lightly misting my hair with distilled water, then moisturizing with this, then covering to baggy for a few hours in the evening. It makes my hair so soft I can't stop touching it. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mallory

    I'm so sorry I have not replied sooner. This flipping email notification thing is so annoying - when it doesn't work. I would never ignore a comment on my blog. I really appreciate receiving them.

    I love this moisturiser too! I am almost out of it now though so I need to invest in another large bottle and a jar of the Luscious balanced cream moisturiser as that is almost gone :(

    Thanks for commenting, I am pleased you found my post useful!

    T

    ReplyDelete

I simply ♥ to read your comments....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Into My HAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig