Saturday 11 February 2012

Wash Day Diary 11.02.12

"Over the past week I've been experiencing more shedding and breakage than what has come to be the norm since the begining of the year.  I have also become fed up with wearing my lace unit (I think that thing needs a good deep conditioning treatment!) so I will be going into a protective style for the time being." 




Todays wash day was in preparation for my crochet braids protective style (which could well become kinky twists seeing as my cornrow skills are still in their infancy!).  I am currently 3 weeks post:


1.  Detangled my hair which had been in 2 x French braids since Tuesday evening.  I used AVJ and Vatika Coconut oil to detangle.  I haven't used VCO for a long time and I honestly don't know why I had missed it out of my rotation.  This stuff is great and I had forogtten how good it makes my hair feel.   I left the VCO and AVJ on my hair for 30mins and covered with a shower cap and scarf and kinda did a hot oil treatment.

2.  Deep conditioned with a mix of ORS RC, Lustrasilk Mango Shea Butter Cholesterol Plus, SAA powder and Roux PC.  After applying I covered my hair with a shower cap and scarf and left the dc on for 2hrs.

3.  I rinsed using my shower filter and then shampooed with Matrix Biolage HydraTherapie shampoo (contains sulfates). I did one lather.  This is the first time I have used this shampoo.  I liked the results.  My hair felt clean but not stripped.  I only have it due to a buy one get two free deal that was on in SuperCuts.

4.  Deep conditioned with Matrix HydraTherapie Conditioning Balm mixed with AVJ, which I applied to soaking wet hair.  I left this on for 45 mins under a shower cap and headscarf.  I really wish I had my electric heated cap with me.!  I've used this conditioner before but on dry hair.  It's so thick!  I think I prefer applying to wet hair as it was easier to distribute with the helf of the AVJ and I prefer the results after rinsing.

5.  My hair felt lovely and soft after rinsing.  I put a TShirt on my head for 10mins so my hair wasn't soaking wet, then applied my leave ins Infusion 23, Bee Mine Deja's Hair Milk, VCO and Giovanni Frizz Be Gone Serum.  Once 70% dry I applied Organix Coconut Anti Breakage Serum before drying to 90%, detangling and then setting in cornrows.

Ciao 4 Now
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I simply ♥ to read your comments....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Into My HAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig