Friday 11 November 2011

Alter EGO Impact Ego Hot Oil Treatment with Garlic

"Shedding has been a real issue for me over this past year, so I decided to tackle this both internally with the use of iron supplements and externally with the use of garlic based conditioners!"








It Claims:
This special cream, rich of peptides, vitamins and mineral salts which derivate from wheat and garlic represents an excellent substitute for hair treatment with animal extract. It leaves the hair soft and strong and it is ideal to use on treated hair, such as bleached, dyed and permed.

Ingredients
Aqua/Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Dipalmytoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclomethicone (Cyclopentasiloxane), Limonene, Dimethiconol, Benzyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Citric Acid, C.I. 19140 (FD 7 C Yellow 5), CI 42090 (FD & C Blue 1), Triticum Vulgare Sprout Extract (Triticum Vulgare Sprout (Wheat) Extract), CI 14700 (FD & C Red 4), Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Allium Sativum Extract (Allium Sativum (Garlic) Bulb Extract), Cochlearia Armoracia Extract (Cochlearia (Horse-radish) Root Extract), Ferula Assa Foetida Extract (Ferula Assa Foetida Root Extract).

Directions
After shampooing the hair, apply the treatment all over the scalp, wait for few minutes then rinse with water. Recommended to be used after shampooing, leave it on for about 15 minutes to have the best results.

Price
$30.80 (£19.36) for large 1000ml size I think the price is good value for the amount of conditioner you get in the tub.  It was on special offer though. 
Purchased from US based Amazon seller UglyNBeauty
Shipping $34.24 (£21.52)

Results On My HAIR
When I first used it straight out of the tub I left it on for about 30mins under a shower cap.  I liked it alot, my hair felt incredibly soft, but felt it was more of a protein conditioner than a moisturising one, which really wasn't what I was looking for.

Since then I have used it in many different conditioner mixes and have now found one mix that works excellently on My HAIR this was the concoction used on my wash day last week where I mixed this conditioner with 2 x tsps of honey, grapeseed oil and hemp seed oil.  This mix amplified the results of this conditioner.  It soaked straight into my hair and made my new growth super duper soft!  I loved every minute of applying the conditioner - it felt totally amazing!!!  This is defo how I will use it going forward - maybe with a little added aloe vera juice...?  Now when I use this conditioner I use my heated cap if I apply it to dry hair and I'll use my steamer if I apply it to wet hair.

The conditioner has a medium dark peach hue which is nothing to really write home about.  In my mind I thought it would be an off white colour, although that said I knew it was peach in colour after seeing Nunaavane's YouTube post on the conditioner.

The consistency of this conditioner is a water based creamy texture, almost like a custard.  It isn't heavy at all and mixes well with other things added to it.  It soaks straight into my strands either when used in it's natural sate or mixed and washes out very easily without any residue.

This conditioner is HIGHLY scented.  It comes sealed in plastic and underneath the lid, the top of the tub is mechanically sealed and even through all that lot - you can still smell this conditioner, albeit feint, but you can still smell it.  Personally I don't have a problem with highly scented hair products as I think it makes your hair smell clean and masks the smell of things like castor oil, hemp seed oil and sulfur mixes that I put on my hair.  The scent isn't at all garlicky, it is more of a strong perfume, but it's pleasant. 


Would I Repurchase
Yes - I think I will purchase this again but I have about a years supply left as I brought two 2000ml in total.

So far I have used about half of the 1000ml tub of conditioner and still have a full one to use up - but I'm trying to go easy with it as paying extra for shipping is never fun for me, like a true PJ I always think I could have paid for another product with that money spent.



Rating
Without added oils 
With added oils!!!!

I've had this review waiting to be published since the beginning of July '11 but forgot to publish it - probably because I went into a run of heavy protective styling from end of July which still continues to the date of this post and probably will do until the new year. 
Ciao 4 Now
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I simply ♥ to read your comments....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Into My HAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig