Tuesday 16 August 2011

My HAIR Today Needs Moisture

"Last night I decided to redo one of the twists.  After taking out the braid hair I realised that my hair felt very strong and silky but not exactly moisturised.  If I was at home I would have sprayed with some of my moisturising spritz and then sat under the steamer for 15-20 mins, but I'm not, so I've had to improvise....."














  • I mixed two heaped fingers full of Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter with 1.5oz of warm water in an applicator bottle and shook this up until emulsified. 
  • I then added a teaspoon of my Infusium23 and Aphogee Provitamin Leave In Conditioners to the mix and shook again.  At the end, the mixture resembled a lotion. 
  • I applied this to my scalp and roots then put my twists into 6 sections and applied the "Mango Butter Lotion" to each section by squirting a 10p sized amount of the lotion into the palm of my hand and smoothed and squeezed this into the twists so that it would reach my own hair.
  • Next I sprayed liberally with my moisturising spritz and then applied some of my castor oil mix to my scalp.

In order to amp up the moisture I decided to baggy my hair using a carrier bag and kicked this up a notch by putting a slightly damp towel in the microwave for 2mins and then put this on my head, over the plastic bag. 

I am currently halfway through the process but I plan to heat the towel a total of 4 times and will keep this on my head 30mins before taking off the towel and leaving jus the bag on for an additional hour.  I will seal in the moisture with EVCO.  Hopefully this will impart some additional moisture into my strands....either way, I plan on cowashing on Thursday or Friday.

Ciao 4 Now

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I simply ♥ to read your comments....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Into My HAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig