Wednesday 29 June 2011

Fenugreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkk!!!!

I was in a rush after work but I really wanted to wash My HAIR as I have been wearing it straight since Thursday night.

Whilst conducting my daily trawl of hair blogs I happend upon a post by Tola My Long Hair Journey about ORS Replenishing Conditioner.  After posting a comment I thought to myself, as it's wash night tonight I should actually dig this out and put this on My HAIR to give my heavy hands and Alter Ego Garlic Hot Oil Treatment a bit of a break!!!

When I got home, the first thing I did was check that I had hot water!!!!

Next I got one of my trusty pots 10 for 99p from the 99p store, they are brilliant the look like the plastic containers that you get when you order a takeaway but they are round with nice high sides, great for making up conditioner mixes and for putting your relaxer in, if you use lye relaxer but want to add oils or conditioner to it.

This is the process (sorry, no pics - I had zero time!):

1.  I put 1½ teaspoons of shikaikai power, 1 teaspoon of amla powder and one teaspoon of fenugreek (methi) powder into my bowl.  I added enough hot water from the kettle into the powders and mixed to form a slightly loose paste.  I recall from previously doing this with just shikaikai powder that the powder swells and makes a thicker paste after 5mins.

2.  Next, after 5 mins had passed,  I put the very last bit of my ORS Replenishing Conditoner (Professional Formula) probably about two handfuls worth into the mixture.  I then put one and half capfuls of aloe vera juice into the empty coniditoner bottle and swished it around the bottle to get the last bits out. (Yes, tight I know, but we're in a recession people! plus I didn't want to open my last pak.)

3.  Next I mixed in 2½ teaspoons of regular castor oil in and mixed this all together for about 3mins to make sure most, if not all of the lumps had gone.

4.  Next I put the tub into the microwave for 20 seconds.  I then stirred the mixture again.   I put the conditioner in the microwave to heat it because I had zero time to sit under either my steamer or heat cap.

5.  I then cowashed my hair, once with Treseme moisture rich conditioner, which felt so thick and lucious and then one with my Nutrine garlic conditioner (which I am loving, it makes my hair so soft and shiny, but I will save my love for this product for the official review!).

6.  After rinsing, I put a towel on my head to soak up the excess moisture, I then put the conditioner mix back into the microwave for a further 20-25 seconds until it was really nice and warm.  I mixed again and could see that the condtioner was slimier that before.  This was due to the fenugreek powder which creates mucilage which acts as a natural conditioner.

7.  I then applied the conditioner mix throughout my hair.  The mucilage from the fenugreek does something amazing to the conditioner, it gives TREMENDOUS SLIP and also bulks out the amount of conditioner so a little goes a long way!!!

8.  I then covered my hair with a shower cap for 15mins then rinsed out with cool water.

9.  I then put a towel on my head to soak up excess moisture for 5-10mins, whilst I got dressed. 

So far SO SO GOOD!!

10. Next I went to apply my leave ins.  Whilst putting these in I could feel grit on my hands.  I didn't feel like there was alot of grit so I continued putting in my leave ins.  I then went to look at my hair in the bathroom mirror and was shocked to see tons of tiny yellow bits in my hair.  I'm telling you, these bits looked like nits!!! I was horrified, as I had zero time to be messing about with my hair.

11. I then rinsed one section again.  Some bits went but there were still alot.  By this stage, I must add, my hair was shining, and felt gorgeously soft yet strong at the same time.  Unfortunately, just rinsing was not cutting it.  I don't think my showerhead has enough pressure in it so I reluctantly decided to shampoo my hair.  I opted for Elasta QP Conditioning Creme Conditioner and shampoo'd each section  and rinsed.  Et Voila - problem solved.   Using that shampoo was a stroke of genius as it truly is so conditioning that it didn't strip my hair at all, it still felt amazingly soft and was shining away all happy!

12. I then reapplied my liquid and creamy leave ins and was out the door, air drying loosely as I went.

13. When I reached my destination I waited until I was about 80-90% air dried then I detangled, let me tell you, this was like a dream.  My hair was still soft, and shining so much, I actually took pictures (I'll upload them later).  My hair detangled so easily and felt so soft and strong. 


Best of all, I lost pratcially ZERO, yes, that's right, ZERO hair during this wash process.  I lost about 5-10 strands in the whole wash and DC process and seriously teeny tiny amount whilst detangling after airdrying and I lost two strands whilst detangling before the wash process, probably because my hair has been straight! 

I'll be adding fenugreek to my deep conditioners again - and my next henna treatment.  This stuff rocks!  Can't believe I've had it in my hair stash for over 3 months and hadn't got around to using it.  If this stuff works that well in a 15mins treatment, I can't wait to see what it can do over a period of 2-3hrs!!!

Note:  Next time I will sieve the powder before adding it to the conditioner or henna gloss so I am not rinsing for hours and hours and rewashing my hair (",)

This is the brand I used


Happy Happy Happy Days!

Ciao 4 Now



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I simply ♥ to read your comments....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Into My HAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig