Sunday 1 May 2011

I've Finally Done My Henna Gloss Treatment

After realising that I was way overdue a henna gloss I decided to do one on 01.05.11, prior to getting my hair braided for my holiday in sunny Barbados!

This time, I've decided to document the process in pictures (sadly with no makeup on - oh heck!!!).

1.  I made up my up my henna by mixing 1 x 100g box of Auuyri Menhandi.  After mixing and leaving to sit for approx 5hrs and then cool, I placed it in the fridge for 2 days as I was not going to be home to carry out my henna gloss for a couple of days.  I've never left my henna for this long before in the fridge but I will definitely be doing it again in the future as the colour transfer was great!

2.  I removed the mixed henna from the fridge and left out for an hour and then mixed with all of my add ins, Almond Oil, Olive Oil, HEHH & Treseme Moisture Rich Conditioner;
The Add Ins lined up and waiting
Henna with add ins

I added the aloe vera juice after mixing all of the other ingredients togeter



Henna gloss with aloe vera juice added

Henna gloss with all ingredients mixed together

I've never added aloe vera juice to my henna before.  This was another 'experiment' and one that I will be repeating with all of my henna gloss treatmentsIt makes a nice loose but still sticky consistency which was soooooooo easy to apply

3.  Next I detangled my hair in sections as I always do, using Mane 'N' Tail Detangler.  I then applied warmed coconut oil to each of the sections in order to carry out a hot oil treatment prior to applying the henna gloss.

4.  After leaving the hot (warmed) oil treatment on my hair for 30mins I started applying the henna gloss using the same sections used to apply the oil.

I applied starting at the roots making sure every strand is covered and then worked my way down to the ends.

Henna applied to first section at the front
Once at the ends, I add a little more henna for good measure and just to be sure I haven't missed any bits and then I rolled each section up into a pin curl and then stuck it onto my head.  The henna is thick and gloopy so the hair sticks to my head easily and rarely unravels.



Example of  2 x sections with henna applied and rolled into a pin curl

5.  I then repeat this process until all of the sections have been coated in the henna mixture.
Oh how I wish I had put on some make up!


Hair covered with cling film and a shower cap
6.  I then covered my hair with cling film (saran wrap) and then put a shower cap on top just to make sure all the henna is covered, this stuff is so messy and looks like goose poo!  I have light coloured carpet in my living room so I make sure none of this stuff has any chance of getting anywhere near it!

7.  At the end of the process I thought I would have lots of henna left but as you can see from the pic below, I used pretty much all of the henna I had mixed.


8.   The end result is stronger hair which is a gorgeous shade of red.  My greys are nicely coloured a nice shade of orange red which act as highlights, which in my opinion is better and far less aging than GREY.




The whole process from start to finish takes me about 6hrs!  But it's well worth it.

Ciao 4 Now
Share:

9 comments

  1. I've done cassia treatments in the past - I love how it thickened my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting such detailed instructions! This was so helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are many Hair growth treatments, not all work well. Be discriminating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hair care, whether for men or women, requires a routine that you can follow diligently as taking care of your hair once in a blue moon will not yield any result. Hair care for men has gathered steam in recent years as men no longer want to be left behind in making themselves presentable in every possible way. Best DHT Blocker Shampoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. From the length the wigs can be classified into short,Mid-length and long. From the style the wigs can be classified into Straight,Curly and Wavy. From the material the wigs can be classified into human hair wigs,Synthetic wigs, European wigs and African American wigs. Best hair vitalizer for hair regrowth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hair and skin care products have now become necessary toiletries, for men, women and children, alike. Our skin and hair are exposed to various external pollutants in the atmosphere and the harsh sun rays. It is also affected directly by the internal hormonal and other physiological disorders in our bodies. Facial Hair Removal for Women

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our hair problem ranges from oily, frizzy, dry, damaged and even having dandruff. For most of us, our hair is one thing that gives us confidence and beauty. It is considered our crowning glory and that is why we take great consideration in making hair look shinny and well managed. http://iaff2449.org/2021/01/25/5-strategies-for-obtaining-a-excellent-hair-salon/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our hair problem ranges from oily, frizzy, dry, damaged and even having dandruff. For most of us, our hair is one thing that gives us confidence and beauty. It is considered our crowning glory and that is why we take great consideration in making hair look shinny and well managed. https://bethcarvalho.com/2021/02/how-to-locate-the-proper-hair-salon-for-you/

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is a lot of talk out there about the No No Hair System. Everyone is raving about this hot little gadget which, according to the folks at Radiancy, makers of the No No, promises painless, easy to use, long lasting hair removal from the comfort of your living room. But does No No work? COVID-safe

    ReplyDelete

I simply ♥ to read your comments....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Into My HAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig