Monday 9 May 2011

Caring For My Braids Whilst On Holiday

Whilst on holiday, I've had to rethink my hair care routine to take into account the braids currently in my hair and the heat currently in Barbados. 







As the majority of my hair is unobtainable to moisurise and seal or indeed wash in the normal fashion, I have had to improvise with moisturising spritz's.  Over the past week, I have used both of the following:

  • Bee Mine Luscious Balancing Moisturising Cream mixed with rosewater to make a slighlty creamy consistency of spritz. 
  • Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter mixed with water mixed to a slightly thicker consistency than the Bee Mine Luscuious spritz made with rosewater.

I used both of these spritz's morning, afternoon, early evening and at night.  Basically, I put this stuff on my hair anytime I had a chance, preferably before it started feeling dry (which it did feel almost every day, despite my constant spritzing).

I oil my scalp with my oil concoction which is equal measures of JCBO. EVCO and Grapeseed Oil.  I then sealed with either this concoction, EVCO or Hot Six Oil Mist.

I have washed my hair in the braids every time it's got wet in either the sea of the pool using ORS Creamy Aloe shampoo diluted with water and put into a spray bottle or KeraCare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo also mixed with water and decanted into a spray bottle.  This works a treat. I just saturate my hair with water, spray on the shampoo mix, rub lightly, leave whilst I continue with my shower and then rinse my hair.

I've also been able to deep condition using ORS Replenishing Pak which has been great!

After implementing this routine with my braids I have to hold my hands up and say that I am totally ashamed of myself for totally neglecting my hair in the past when it has been in braids.  I have always thought of braids as being a way to forget about my hair.  Since starting my HHJ I have learned that this is not the case and that you hair always needs to be looked after whether it is securely in braids or allowed to flow freely.

The lesson has been learnt loud and clear!!!   Lets hop my hair appreciates my efforts.

Ciao 4 Now
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I simply ♥ to read your comments....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Into My HAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig