Saturday 22 January 2011

Protective Styles

Protective styles are essential when trying to retain length and thickness in your hair, especially in the winter months.

I currently use two french braids down either side of my head (which I only learnt how to do about three months ago!) as my staple protective style, usually when I am around 6wks post relaxer.


At the moment I am 2wks post relaxer and and protective styling my hair by doing two loose bantu knots behind my ears and securing with a bobby pin in each side.  I love this style, it takes no time to do in the morning and it's easy to maintain my moisturising and sealing with oil routine twice a day. 

One thing I have noticed however, is that where I have been consistently parting my hair down the middle of my head, the hair in the middle of my nape is not growing as quickly as the hair on either side.  Way past time to start switching up those protective styles methinks.....ho huuummmm!  The trick with protective styling is making sure that you don't overdo the same tension points.   For me with my penchant for 'symetrical styles' my tension point is the middle of my hair, so from now on, I will be trying out some new protective styles and see what new creations I can come up with....

Ciao 4 Now!!!
 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I simply ♥ to read your comments....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Simply Into My HAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig